Monday, March 2, 2015

My Beauty Faves: March

Gosh I’m such a sucker for a good beauty routine. I love having go-to products I can count on – not because I love spending hours getting ready – quite the opposite, actually. My patience grants me about 15 minutes to devote to my daily makeup regime (working from home has probably cut that time in half) – so my routine has to be easy. The only issue is, when I’m out with friends, I want to look like I’ve taken the time to perfect my look, without actually having to spend any time doing so. #thestruggleisreal

Some products I am LOVING lately:

My Current Arsenal


MAC Amplified Lipstick Girl around Town: It’s kind of impossible not to smile once you put this bright pink lipstick on. It’s so cheerful – especially when I’ve been WILLING spring to come. This cold weather can really make you feel down in the dumps, so I’ll take anything to turn my frown upside down. I may have put this lipstick on the other day. Just to wear around the house. And you know what? Sorry I’m not sorry. It brightened up my day!

MAC Matte Lipstick Russian Red with MAC Kiss Me Quick Pro Long Wear Lip Pencil: This red is so luxurious. As the description says, it is matte – but is the perfect shade of red, and has some serious staying power. It’s my one and only red lipstick in my arsenal, and just putting it on makes me feel sexy!

Anastasia Brow Wiz (in Caramel): HALLELUJAH!!! I’ve been needing something to help with my spotty, overtweezed brows and this is it!! This pencil is SO easy to use – and even has another side with a built in brush. Just sweep your brows, fill ‘em in, sweep and set (queue my next fave product!). Easy peasy.

Maybelline Great Lash Clear Brow Gel: I don’t give a rat’s you-know-what that this stuff has been around since the ‘80s (maybe even earlier?!) – If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. This stuff holds my unruly browns in place and dries clear. I never leave home without it.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup: I’ve been using this foundation for a few weeks now, and LOVE it. It gives a great overall light coverage and never clogs my pores. My skin always feels silky smooth and all the redness/breakouts/whatevermyskinfeelslikedoingthatday is smoothed over. It’s so light, in fact, that it almost looks airbrushed. I put a dime sized amount on the top of my hand, use a round brush, and just work it in. Really easy to apply and actually smells nice to boot!

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: Honestly, I would have never thought I needed a setting spray unless the girl at Ulta told me I did. She said it would prevent my foundation from looking dry or cracked AND keep it on all day/night. I caved to peer pressure and bought it (the travel sized version – total commitment phobe!) and I must admit, it’s great. It keeps your face looking fresh and your foundation in place. I’ve been out running and wiped my face on my sleeve. Under normal circumstances, I would’ve left a light brown smudge down the front of my t-shirt, but with the setting spray, it sure does stay in place!
Urban Decay Naked 2 eye shadow pallet: These pallets have been all the craze for a few years now, and while I love the original, the 2nd pallet is my fave. I have olive-ish skin and deep brown eyes and I find these golden hues really make my eyes shine bright. Plus, I’m pretty basic when it comes to being able to do smoky eyes and all that, so this is like eye shadow paint by numbers. Give me a nice dumbed down version and I’m a happy girl!

Kevyn Aucoin The Curling Mascara: This has been my favorite mascara for over a year now! Although you can buy it at Nordstrom, I order via Amazon for a cheaper price and free shipping J I already have long eye lashes, but this really fills them out and elongates them even more. I get compliments on my eye lashes more than anything else – so this is a ‘don’t leave home without’ product FOR SURE. I keep one at home and one in my makeup bag so I’m never without!

Vaseline lip therapy cocoa butter: Simple enough, this is a lifesaver during winter. When my lips are dry and cracked, this yummy smelling balm helps sooth and put moisture back in. It’s also super cute and tiny – fits perfectly in my makeup bag!

But enough about me and what I’m loving. What about you? Which are your beauty faves? Recently buy a new product you’re hooked on? Do tell!

(I am not affiliated with any of the companies above, none of this post is sponsored and I did not accept any free products to review)

XO,
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment