Tuesday, August 11, 2015

NPC Bikini 12 Weeks Out - Lots of Changes Happening!

For those of you who have been following me on this journey for the past three months, thank you. From the bottom of my heart - thanks for reading and listening as I complained about PMS, FOMO (fear of missing out), what it's been like giving up alcohol, what it's been like dating when you can't eat out, and more. I can't believe how fast time has flown on by. It's now time to transition from my lean bulk to cutting - and after receiving my new diet and workout plan from my coaches last night, I'm excited and terrified all at once. 

If you've been following since the beginning, you know there hasn't been much change to my diet/workout plan over the past few months. We've taken the slow and steady approach to take me from skinny fat to toned and fit - and so far the results have been fantastic. While I've only lost 10 pounds, my composition is so different. I have muscles in places I never imagined, and I'm stronger than I've ever been.


Now comes the fun {said with a slight hint of sarcasm}.


Growing that boot-ay!
I actually called my coach last night at 11pm because I didn't believe what I saw. Does my workout plan seriously call for me to PUSH A CAR twice a week?! Yup, it does.

It also calls for 50 pull-ups A DAY in addition to my hour of lifting (super set with plyo - buh by are the days of resting between sets, checking out cute dudes/instagram/facebook/work emails) and an hour of cardio (from 15 minutes 4 times a week to an hour SIX days a week). 

I was tired just reading the new plan. But, I knew it was coming. 


I spy some abs! FINALLY!




We are officially 12 weeks out from two shows I'm planning to compete in. I'm not going to stress myself out and say I HAVE to do them - this is my first experience with contest prep and looking at all the girls who have been doing this for years can get slightly discouraging. So I'm going to continue on MY journey and see what my body is capable of. If I lean out and feel confident, I'll do it. If not, I'll still be proud of where I've come. It's me vs me. 
I will say, it is starting to feel real. I'm looking online at suit colors, practicing my posing, and bid farewell to cheat meals. This is a goal I've been wanting to accomplish for years. It's time to DO what I've always said I was going to. I got this!

There are plenty of other changes happening in life that are causing a bit of stress, including a few back to back work trips (thank g-d for Fuel Up, as I'm having them deliver my meals to my hotels!) and buying a new home. It all happened so fast, but I'm currently in the due diligence period for a home that happens to be down the street from my current condo. I love the house and am excited about making it my own through some remodeling, but still stressed at the thoughts of coming to agreement with the seller on some items resulting from the inspection, finding a competent and talented contractor to do renos, AND selling my condo. AH! To keep me sane and my head level, I'm continuing to practice gratitude every single night and leaning on close friends and family to keep me grounded. Considering only 5 years ago I was going through a divorce, with nowhere to live and a career I was miserable in, I feel so incredibly blessed to be in this place - and I have faith g-d is guiding me every step of the way. 

So rather than go into more detail about workouts or food or any of that - I want to just say thank you. Thank you for reading and thank you for your support. Keep it coming :)

XO,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. You're a beautiful human being, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - means a lot coming from you!! Xoxo

      Delete