Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lately I’ve Been…

Cooking: Pro-oats. Must be this chilly winter weather, but I’ve been craving warm, comforting bowls of pro-oats! For those not familiar, here’s how I make it: 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats cooked in water. At the end, I stir in 2-3 egg whites until nice and fluffy. I pour that into a bowl and top with whatever my heart desires. Usually 2oz fresh blueberries, shredded unsweetened coconut, and 1 teaspoon Buff Bake. It’s quite possibly the most epic combo of complex carbs, healthy fats and lean protein. YUM!
Drinking: Dunkin Donuts Cinnamon Coffee Cake Coffee. This flavored coffee makes me miss coffee creamer just a bit less (WHY must those yummy coffee creamers be SO bad for you?!) And copious amounts of Petite Syrah.
Reading: China Rich Girlfriend (the sequel to Crazy Rich Asians). I started this series with my book club last year and found it hilarious. If you’re looking for an entertaining mindless read, check it out!
Wanting: These super cute headbands. I hate hair in my face during workouts! And they’re only $5!!
Hawaii here we come!
Looking: At pictures of Kauai. I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii – and I’m crazy excited to be celebrating the big 3-2 there in April. Someone needs to take away my Pinterest account..
Playing: Candy Crush. Worst killer of productivity EVER.  To make matters worse, I’m so terrible at it. Ken keeps telling me to “get combos” and I just keep losing. The worst part is after you lose, the game makes you click “Give Up.” Way to kick someone when they’re down.
Wishing: For warmer weather. WHY is it so cold?? I didn’t leave NYC and move to the South for sub 20 degree temps!
Enjoying: Time with my man. Being in my first long distance relationship has opened my eyes to what quality time between two people is all about. We don’t have the option of calling each other and saying “Hey, want to go grab a movie and dinner?” So the time we do have… I soak it in. Every. Single. Minute!  
Waiting: For the second season of Amazon’s show, The Man in the High Castle. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s a show told from the perspective as if Germany won WWII. It’s mind blowing and I highly encourage you check it out before the second season is released this year!
Liking: Jesse James Decker youtube videos on how to style your hair and do fun date-night makeup tricks. I need all the help I can get!
Wondering: What my next fitness-related goal will be. It still feels SO weird not to have a goal set in stone. My resolution this year was to have none (ridiculous, I know). So far we’re 19 days into the year and I’m already thinking I’m far too type-A for this shit. The Big Sur Half Marathon in November is sounding pretty sweet. And maybe getting my NASM Personal Training Certification. We shall see.
Loving: My Anastasia Brow Wiz. I have it in Caramel and love the way it lets me fill in my overly tweezed brows!
Needing: More Buff Bake. Have you ever heard of it?! Nectar of the g-ds. Almond butter with added whey protein in crazy good flavors like Snickerdoodle and Cookie. OOOOMGGGEEEE.
Wearing: Lululemon Studio Pants. They’re lined and so cozy comfy. Definitely helpful on these chilly nights!   
Following:  All the hoopla around Making a Murderer. Where is all the blood?!? If he didn’t do it, who did?? If you don’t know what I’m referring to – stop reading this and immediately put on the Netflix series. Proceed to watch all 10 episodes at once. You’ll love and hate me all at once.
Noticing: How many fellow fitness competitors struggle with body dysmorphia. Sadly I couldn't see the forest through the trees while I was prepping, but now I read the posts these girls share via social media and it can be truly heartbreaking. A pound, ab definition, half a body fat percentage. The smallest variances from their show-ready physique spiral them into depression and dangerous habits including binge eating and purging. 
Knowing: I need to stop using “I work from home” to excuse going days without applying makeup and styling my hair. Is winter making anyone else lazy pants?!?!
Thinking: I need to eat more vegetables. Thanks for prepping for my fitness competition last year, I literally cannot stomach the thought of eating asparagus. Or steamed green beans. I’ve since slightly retaliated and began carb-loading for a fictitious marathon I am not currently training for.
Feeling: Grateful. I’m healthy. My parents are healthy. I’m in love. I have wonderful friends. My job is going well. My house is cozy and comfortable. Life is good.
Bookmarking: All sorts of articles on boosting productivity while living a simpler life. This article was particularly good! I’m a sucker for anything that makes me think twice about how I’m spending my time!
Opening: Bottles of wine. Ha! Funny yet true. Some of my recent faves include: Releaf Organic Cabernet Blend, Shatter Grenache, and Petit Petite Syrah by Michael David. If you’re at all into red wines, give em all a try! One is better than the next. 

What have you been up to lately? Read any good books? Try any new healthy recipes or taste some good wine? I want to hear from you!
XO, 
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment